New Freestyle Unicycle: QU-AX Profi PEAK The Peak is the peak of our Freestyle unicylce development. It’s the lightest, most refined freestyle uni we ever made.
The demands on freestyle unicycles have been clearly defined for many years. The criteria for a good freestyle unicycle are clearly defined: narrow distance of the fork crown to the tire, fork crown with good grip, long neck – if possible individually cut to length – seat tube and the whole frame width should be as narrow as possible. The professional PEAK is our interpretation of this discipline:
- made of aircraft-grade 6061 -alumnum alloy for a low weight and great handling: 600g with 500 mm seat-tube length – with bolts 628g
- extra narrow, extraschmale, filigree, CNC machined dropouts – staying as far away from your ankle as possible
- 12cm wide, 4cm “deep” frame crown, diamond-knurled crown. Seen in the cross-section, the shape of the crown is trapezoidal and only 21 mm high – for maximum stiffness and low weight: for an extra low distance from foot to tyre: 3mm gap on 1,95″ peak-frame betwenn underneath crown of 1,95″ frame; 5mm on 2,25″ tyre to underneath 2,25″ frame
- either for tyres of a width of 57 mm (2,25″) (yellow tire in the photo-gallery) or for tyres with 50 mm (1,95″)
- 100 mm bearing distance, ovalized blade-tubes for a for the narrowest possible design
- for Q-Axle-bearings (42 mm)
- Stizrohr individually shortenable
- silver anodised with discreet decor
- light Q-Axle hub with aluminum hub-shell. The 24 mm steel-axle is pressed in that shell with several tons of pressure – rocksolid. With the Q-Axle system, the cranks are always precisely positioned in the same place – no wear of the interface for a perfect, light crank/axle-connection. Available optionally: QX-series Rollmops crank extension: CNC machined extension of the crank shoulder for more stand-surface on the crank for tricks
- 30 mm white 3-chamber double walled rim, anodized black, 36 holes
- QU-AX #hash-tyre 406×50 mm ETRTO-size (20″x1,95″), white, inflatable up to 7 bars with a fine diamond-pattern over tread and flange. Only 850g. High quality HP-tube
- QX-series [flat] saddle: superthin, stiff, firm cushion with integrated handle (makes the whole saddle more compact during tricks like flips), finger-friendly saddle-underside, exchangeable grip/bumper (also available in black!
- silver anodized, #octa seatpost made of 6066-T6 aluminum, sandblasted surface for easy clamping, laser-etched logo, 350 mm long, diameter: 25,4 mm – 3D forged head, only 220g light
- light, minimalistic, round and compact seatclamp, CNC machined, thread insert is always adjusting the angle to the screw
- for Freestyle this uni comes with 75 mm CNC Q-Axle cranks, laser-etched logo, silver anodized, Rollmops-compatible. Optionally available with the whole Q-Axle length range (89 mm, 100 mm, 110 mm)
- MKS Runber X Freestyle-Pedals – an alltime classic – with rounded, soft ends and a top grip. Durable.
Find more informations about the Q-Axle-standard here.
Find more tutorial and instructions videos in our YouTube-channel.